Stay "In-The-Know" with Fuel Webinars
Fuel webinars are an interactive, educational series of online technical sessions featuring industry experts from among our members, Palo Alto Networks®, our partners and other cybersecurity experts. We'll share the latest partner updates, threat prevention tips, industry news, and more. See what's coming up or check out our archive.
Protecting the Internal Network Core with Advanced Load Balancing
Tuesday, March 7, 2017
12:00pm - 1:00pm Central Time
Speaker: Chris Bihary, CEO/Co-Founder Garland Technology
As network security architects adopt today’s reality of ‘Protect Everywhere,’ they also face the challenges of expanding and/or migrating their next-gen firewalls both at the edge and at the core of the network and distribution layers. Defending the edge and protecting the core are equally vital
defense strategies, but each has a different set of challenges that can be solved utilizing advanced load balancing.
Join Garland Technology, a Fuel Founding Partner to learn how to optimize your existing Palo Alto Networks NGFW to protect both the Edge and Core with advanced load balancing.
In this webinar you will learn:
- Passive monitoring vs. active edge defense
- Core migration to 10G/40G/100G network speeds
- Demonstration of high-speed load balancing for:
- Session aware for scenarios of two or more NGFW
- LAG bundling
- Load balancing
- Defining attributes and variables
- Lawful Intercept Filtering
Join us for this educational webinar while you prepare to ‘Protect Everywhere.’
Combatting the Insider Threat
Thursday, March 9, 2017
12:00pm - 1:00pm Central Time
Speaker: Christopher Whidden CISA, CISM; Director of Sales Engineering
While big-name retail giants have continued to grab headlines with massive security breaches perpetrated by outsiders, the reality is that the majority of cyber attacks are now being carried out by company insiders. According to research, insiders represented 55% of cyber attacks, with a growing number inadvertently set in motion by well-meaning employees fooled by sophisticated, targeted email campaigns. Since 2014 cybercrime rates have been on a steep trajectory, rising in both frequency and complexity, and businesses of every size are being targeted.
Join eSentire to find out the most likely entry points, and how to combat this growing security challenge in your firm.
In this webinar, Fuel members will learn more about:
- Real world examples of malicious and inadvertent insider threats seen by our expert threat analysts
- Gaps in current technology solutions to combat insider compromise
- Key recommendations to mitigate risks at your firm that augment your current security measures
Best Practices for Monitoring Palo Alto Networks in High Throughput Production Environments
Speaker: Andrew Martin, Network Engineer at LogicMonitor
Fuel User Group members will be introduced to LogicMonitor’s automated SaaS based infrastructure performance monitoring platform. The webinar’s emphasis will be on how LogicMonitor’s solution reduces complexity in gathering critical performance metrics from Palo Alto Networks for easier troubleshooting, event correlation and resource forecasting.
Attendees will be introduced to the ways LogicMonitor:
- Tracks resource allocation across Palo Alto devices to ensure availability of sufficient CPU, memory, network and session capacity
- Alerts TechOps teams when Palo Alto detects increased volumes of network threats
- Using LogicMonitor’s Panorama LogicModules, security teams can alert on any policy, configuration or device template mismatch across an entire Palo Alto Networks deployment.